The development and operation of a B2B e-commerce platform is usually more complex than the operation of a traditional B2C e-commerce platform. Functions in B2B are often more individual. The pricing strategy in B2B is that each customer receives an individual price depending on the contract and sales volume. The purchasing process comprises several departments, a special approval process and requires extensive search functions or product configurators.
In B2B, the focus is on the individual needs of the customer. One goal of B2B e-commerce is to understand the customer more precisely before the purchase process and to offer him an individual solution as a basis for long-term cooperation.
It is particularly important to note that the purchase process is characterized by a detailed information search. The process does not always end with a direct sale, but often also with the expressed interest in a product or service during the search in the digital catalogue (generation of a lead).
Advantages of B2B E-Commerce
- B2B e-commerce is more than just processing customer orders. B2B e-commerce offers you the opportunity to present your entire product range attractively and interactively. This enables your customers to navigate through your products effortlessly and supports them in making an informed purchase decision. The digital product catalogue provides extensive article information online for customers and also for your customer advisors.
- Fully integrated into your ERP, B2B E-Commerce automates the process of customer order entry. This can significantly reduce transaction costs.
- Customer self-service B2B provides a self-service portal for customers to provide answers to the most frequently asked questions: what is the individual price, is the item in stock or what is the order status?
- Marketing B2B offers a number of marketing opportunities, including:
Cross-selling, up-selling, similar products, new or discounted items, email marketing to customers and prospects, personalization and dynamic pricing.
- Google search results Most buyers perform a Google search when they're looking for new products or sellers. SEO-optimized online shops are better found.
- Location-independent ordering B2B e-commerce via mobile platforms or mobile apps offers location-independent ordering, so that your customers order not only from their workplace, but directly at the construction site or at the place of action.
Do you need help with the decision? We can help you with these challenges. Contact our talented e-commerce team.